ANNOUNCE: GHC version 5.04 released

Michael Weber michaelw@debian.org
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 05:25:07 +0200

--ABYnUdqoGSokwVM+

* Michael Weber <michaelw@debian.org> [2002-07-16T02:10+0200]:
> * Ashley Yakeley <ashley@semantic.org> [2002-07-11T17:06-0700]:
> > At 2002-07-11 11:22, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> >=20
[...]
> > I'm sure Michael Weber is working on it even as we speak...
>=20
> ETA is next weekend.

As promised, the Debian packages of GHC 5.04 are ready and uploaded.

However, due to the release of Debian 3.0 (woody) today and the
addition of new packages, it might take a while until GHC 5.04 hits
the official archives (allow 7-14 days).

In order to reduce the waiting period, I set up a _temporary_ APT
archive, which contains exactly the same versions as uploaded to the
Debian site.  They are available as of now.

The archive can be used by APT after adding the following two lines to
/etc/apt/sources.list:
deb	http://lambda.foldr.org/~michaelw/debian-unoff unstable .
deb-src	http://lambda.foldr.org/~michaelw/debian-unoff unstable .
(Don't forget to add the dot at the end of the line as well!)

=46rom there, the following packages are available for i386=20
(as well as sources):

	happy		1.13-1

	haddock		0.3-1

	ghc5		5.04-1