Unregisterised build

Christoph Reichenbach jameson@darmstadt.gmd.de
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:48:01 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I'm trying to do an unregistered build of ghc, using the cross-port
script. However, compilation aborts at the following point:

haskell/b1/libraries/base > ../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -ldl
-fglasgow-exts -cpp -Iinclude -funbox-strict-fields -package-name base -O
-H24m -keep-hc-files-too -optc-DNO_REGS -optc-DUSE_MINIINTERPRETER
-fno-asm-mangling -funregisterised -fvia-C  -split-objs    -c GHC/Base.lhs
-o GHC/Base.o

The problem appears to be a conflict between '-split-objs' and
'-fno-asm-mangling' (which, together with '-funregisterised', is supposed
to have been replaced by '-unreg' now, if I'm not mistaken).

However, -split-objs seems to be required for building libraries, whereas
-fno-asm-mangling is probably needed for an unregisterised build (I'm just
guessing here...).

How do I compile libraries for an unregisterised build, then?

(Alternatively: Does anyone happen to have the resulting .hc files from
one lying around?)

Background: I'm trying to get ghc up and running on Alpha/Linux (I'm
reluctant to call it 'porting', since the hard part has been done by Ken
Shan already, as far as I know).

Thanks in advance for any help!

llap,
 Christoph