GHC and Win32 API - help wanted

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:31:41 +0100

> > |   * Could anyone with cvs/fptools/makefile-expertise lend=20
> me a hand
> > |   * if I try again to build only hslibs/win32 from cvs? Or is it=20
> --------------------------------^^^^ (only)
>=20
> > a) No it is not unreasonable to expect it to build, cleanly,=20
> > starting from scratch.  It jolly well ought to.
>=20
> Ah, but (perhaps unlike Mike) I don't want to build from scratch,
> but *only* the hslibs/win32 directory.=20

You *might* be able to get away with just=20

  $ cd hslibs/win32; make HC=3Dghc

to build with an installed GHC.  But I say *might*, because (as Simon
pointed out) for our own sanity, we only make sure that the libraries
build with the current GHC and not every version of GHC ever released.
Your chances are greatly improved if the GHC you build with is more
recent.=20