[Please mail every answer also to wolfgang@jeltsch.net.] No hierarchical module names with GHC 5?

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang@jeltsch.net
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:13:32 +0100

Hello,
I use GHC 5.00.2 on Solaris 2.6 at the university and am unable to use
hierarchical module names --- with and without the -fglasgow-exts switch. GHCi
notifies me of parse errors on the module name. What is interesting is that if
my module with hierarchical name imports a module which cannot be found GHC
tells me that it cannot find the latter module instead of first recognizing that
the name of the former module is in its opinion illegal and complaining about
this. Aren't hierarchical module names supported yet in GHC 5.00.2? At home with
GHC 5.02 under Linux everything works fine.
By the way, I couldn't find anything about hierarchical module names in the
documentation.

Wolfgang