GHC Poll: scope in GHCi

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
23 Jan 2002 13:08:07 +0100

"Simon Marlow" <simonmar@microsoft.com> writes:

> 	:m [+|-] [*]M1 ... [*]Mn      (n >= 0)

(nit: I would paraphrase to make n >= 1, since you start numbering at
1.  Wrap the whole M-list with optionality brackets if that's the
intended meaning (setting the scope to nothing?  The default?))

> Currently the non-* form isn't supported for compiled modules, and
> attempting to set an unsupported scope results in an error.

Since, if I understand correctly, there is no explicit way of
differentiating between compiled and interpreted modules, so why not
simply fall back to interpreting the module in question?

-kzm