GHC Poll: scope in GHCi

Ketil Z Malde
14 Jan 2002 10:59:21 +0100

Koen Claessen <> writes:

>  | Does anyone have any better suggestions?

> I think any solution that leaves it transparent as to if it
> is a compiled or an interpreted module is fine.

> But I have understood that this is hard to achieve...

How about using a different command for importing the exported
interface only?

	:l M  --loads the whole (internal/top level) module
	:i M  --"imports" the module's exported interface

If :l requires interpretation, then so be it, otherwise use compiled
modules whenever possible.

I'm not sure I see the need for "namespace combinators" (ie. SM's
suggested :m +M and so on)