Minor suggestion

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
18 Feb 2002 10:09:45 +0100

The need to recompile everything after upgrading was recently
mentioned, I think, on this list.  After upgrading from .1 to .2
(trying to get profiling on track), ghci gave me a slightly cryptic
message about an unknow symbol ("stg_gc_enter_1").  No big deal, and
after I removed the .o's, everything seems fine.

But perhaps ghc could tag files with its version, so that ghci (and
possibly ghc when used for linking?) could be a bit more explicit?  As
you probably can tell, I'm a great fan of ghc's "...probably because f
is called with too few parameters in..." type messages :-)

-kzm