efficiency question

Julian Seward (Intl Vendor) v-julsew@microsoft.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 02:33:43 -0800

The transformations that the compiler does, especially with -O,
are sufficiently complex that trying to second-guess the performance
effects of source changes is difficult.  You'd get a much better
handle on this by reading the post-optimised program, which you
can get with -ddump-simpl.  Good luck!  This is not for the
faint of heart.

|=20
|=20
| On Sunday 10 February 2002 18:48, Kirsten Chevalier wrote:
| > I'd guess that it's not just that you have to apply the (,)=20
| constructor --
| > it also has to do with the fact that the tuples it's=20
| constructing here are
| > boxed.
|=20
| could you elaborate a little more on that (boxed / unboxed)=20
| or provide a link=20
| on the subject?
|=20