Problems with main in a lib*.a. Is that a bug?

Nicolas Oury Nicolas.Oury@lri.fr
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:25:46 +0100

Hello,

I am building a SDL binding on MacOS X (but the same problem should
appears on Windows). It defines it's own main function in a
libSDLmain.a.

But I can't get ghc not to generate a main when linking with -lSDLmain,
which is the option that is indicated to get the main function that
make SDL usable.

when I link write :

ghc -o test Main.hs libSDLmain.a , ghc doesn't generate a main as it
can see there is a main in libSDLmain. And my test programs works.

but when I write

ghc -o test Main.hs -lSDLmain, ghc creates its own main, and it doesn't
work.

The first solution is not convenient as the standard way of getting
parameter is "sdl-config" which gives back the second types of argument.

-no-hs-main don't change anything on this point.

Is there a flag saying ghc not to generate a main?

Cheers,
Nicolas Oury