GHC Installation Location

Ashley Yakeley ashley@semantic.org
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 03:18:33 -0700

At 2001-10-25 03:01, Simon Marlow wrote:

>I've wondered at various times in the past whether there ought to be a
>link from /usr/local/includes/ghc to /usr/local/lib/ghc-5.02/includes.

Won't help, my GHC is installed at /usr/lib/ghc-5.02/, exactly where the
Debian package put it. And now that location is hard-coded in my Makefile.

>But the usual way around this problem is to use 'ghc' as your C compiler
>- then the -I flag gets injected automatically.

GHC didn't seem to want to compile my .cpp file -- instead it quietly and
successfully did nothing. Also I had to do this:

extern "C" {
#include "Rts.h"
}

...which I've recently entered a bug in SourceForge about.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA