GHC-5.02/Win32: problems compiling with -prof and -package

P Jensen usenet_@hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:00:37 +0000

Hi GHCers --

I'm running GHC 5.02 on Win32 (2000 Professional), and having problems
compiling with the "-prof" option. There seems to be some sort of conflict
between the -package option and the -prof option.

For instance, this program:

>module Main where
>main = putStr "Hello, world.\n"

compiles fine with:

  ghc -prof -auto-all -o t1 t1.lhs

and this program:

>module Main where
>import GetOpt
>main = putStr "Hello, world.\n"

compiles fine like this:

  ghc -package util -o t2 t2.lhs

but when compiled like this:

  ghc -prof -auto-all -package util -o t2 t2.lhs

it results in an error:

  t2.lhs:2:
      failed to load interface for `GetOpt':
          Could not find interface file for `GetOpt'

My guess is that this is some sort of configuration problem on my end, or a
grave misunderstanding of how to invoke the compiler/profiler.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Paul