ghc-pkg

Josef Svenningsson josefs@cs.chalmers.se
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:02:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

I would like to add a request to Thomas list of lacking features of
ghc --make:

  When caching information between the compilation of different modules,
  use weak pointers.

With large projects, ghc runs out of heapspace because of too much
caching. It's always fine to restart the build process by doing ghc --make
again but the whole thing is really annoying. I agree that caching is
important and very nice, but it shouldn't make the building process to
abort.

	/Josef