ghc --make + #include directories

George Russell ger@tzi.de
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:02:20 +0100

Simon Marlow wrote:

> What's wrong with just saying -I<dir> whenever you say -i<dir>?

This seems to work but for more complicated combinations the two options have slightly
different formats.  For example, if I have several directories separated by colons, and
end the list with a superfluous colon (which arises naturally enough when the path is
auto-computed) I get messages like:

gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
/home/ger/uni> /usr/local/pub-bkb/ghc/ghc-latest/bin/ghc -c util/WBFiles.hs -iutil:cvs: -Iutil:cvs: -package concurrent -package data -package net -package posix -package text -package util -package lang -fglasgow-exts -fallow-overlapping-instances -fallow-undecidable-instances -cpp -ddump-hi-diffs -H25M -recomp -fwarn-deprecations -Onot -DDEBUG -fvia-Cgcc: /usr/local/pub-bkb/ghc/ghc-5.02.1/lib/ghc-5.02.1/include: linker input file unused since linking not done
    Source file changed or recompilation check turned off
INTERFACE UNCHANGED

gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
[falls over]