What isn't possible with Finite Maps, and should be.

Max Kirillov max630@mail.ru
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:12:27 +0600

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 11:48:44PM +0100, George Russell wrote:
> In any case it looks fairly simple to write.  If only I were set up to be able
> to compile GHC I could write the necessary code myself . . .

There's no need to rebuild the entire ghc system to hack the
data package. You onky need to update HSdata*.{o,a} from
{prefix}/lib/ghc-${VERSION} and *.hi files from import
directory. Just go to ${SOURCES}/hslibs/data and say
make HC=ghc.

I didn't try it to the end, but at least it compiles. You
can also just take all the '*.{,l}hs' files from
hslibs/data.

Max.