Compile problems with ghc-5.0

Michael Weber michael.weber@post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat, 12 May 2001 18:30:17 +0200

* Gérard Milmeister <gemi@bluewin.ch> [2001-05-12T13:28+0200]:
> I use Redhat 6.2.
> The binary install is ok, but when I compile ghc-5.0 from source
> using ghc-5.0, I get the following error after 'make all':
>
> ../../../ghc/utils/hsc2hs/hsc2hs-inplace Directory.hsc
> ../../../ghc/utils/hsc2hs/hsc2hs-inplace:
> /test/v-julsew/Nightly-HEAD/i386-unknown-linux/stage1/ghc/utils/hsc2hs/hsc2hs-bin:
> No such file or directory
>
> Furthermore, most available libraries seem to be uncompilable
> with ghc-5.0, e.g. c2hs and gtk2hs.

For c2hs I provided a patch for configure, which made it think it's
dealing with ghc-4.11.

I don't have it at hand, but you can ask Manuel Chakravarty.  AFAIK,
he already updated the c2hs CVS repo and provided a Real Solution(tm).

Cheers,
Michael
--
() ASCII ribbon campaign |  Chair for Computer Science  II  | GPG: F65C68CD
/\ against HTML mail     |       RWTH Aachen, Germany       | PGP: 1D0DD0B9