New InstallShield

Sigbjorn Finne sigbjorn_finne@hotmail.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:27:55 +0100

Reuben Thomas rrt1001@cam.ac.uk writes:

> > I didn't know the windows port of GHC used mingwin, that is great news.
> > Does that mean it is possible to generate stand alone applications for
> > Windows ?
>
> Yes; it always has been!

ghc-4.04 (or was it 4.03?) added support for compiling via mingw, before
that
all exes had to depend on cygwin.dll

> > Would it be hard to configure GHC to work with the mingwin crosscompiler
> > on Linux ? It would be great to have a crosscompiling GHC.
>
> Not a clue. I'd be delighted to hear about this. I suspect the build
system
> would need ironing out somewhat, but in theory
>
> ./configure --target=i386-unknown-mingw32
>
> ought to do something sensible.

Unless someone's bitten the bullet on this one recently, the mk/ setup
doesn't
deal with cross-compilation at all (nor does the driver); indeed I believe
the
configure script will even prevent you from trying.

--sigbjorn