Installation of mingw-20001111-1.tar.gz

Reuben Thomas rrt1001@cam.ac.uk
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:07:59 +0000 (GMT)

> I'm trying to install mingw-20001111-1.tar.gz for ghc4.08.2. The
> instructions on Win2K. The Web instructions seem a bit cavalier, but
> perhaps it is just my ignorance.

Neither, really, it's just that we can't document our entire world
(documenting our system is hard enough). We are forced just to skate over
the externals. If you don't know about one or more of the pieces we rely on,
you should read their documentation (if it exists).

However, within an hour or so I should have uploaded a fixed InstallShield
that works around what does indeed turn out to be a bug in mingwin, so you
won't need to bother with all this junk.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | Careful Cyclists Approaching From Right