ANN: C->Haskell 0.8.1

Manuel M. T. Chakravarty chak@cse.unsw.edu.au
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:20:07 +1100

I am pleased to announce the availability of version 0.8.1
of the interface generator C->Haskell.  It works with the
current stable release series 4.08.x of GHC as well as the
current development series 4.11.  For both versions of GHC,
it supports the *same* FFI library that GHC natively only
supports in the development version 4.11 and which
constitutes the result of the work of the FFI Task Force
over the last couple of months.  The interface specification
of the library is online available at

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/c2hs/docu/c2hs-4.html

For more information on C->Haskell and for downloading, see

  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/c2hs/

The main feature in this release is the new FFI library.  It
should allow users of the GHC stable series to use the new
FFI library interface, which we hope to keep stable from now
on.  An update of the C->Haskell tool proper is being worked
at.

Happy Hacking,
Manuel