ANN: C->Haskell 0.8.1

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak@knm.org.pl
11 Feb 2001 13:36:31 GMT

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:20:07 +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty <chak@cse.unsw.edu.au> pisze:

> I am pleased to announce the availability of version 0.8.1
> of the interface generator C->Haskell.

Wow!

A problem: c2hs/gen/CInfo.lhs imports class Storable from module
C2HSConfig, which does not export it.

Also, the compilation fails (on ghc-4.11):
/usr/local/bin/ghc -c -syslib lang -syslib posix -O -recomp -fno-warn-incomplete-patterns  -i. -fglasgow-exts   C2HSMarsh.hs

C2HSMarsh.hs:43:
    Bad interface file: ./Ptr.hi
        does not exist

and similarly for other files. This is because there exists Ptr.hs
in this directory - but it should not be taken from there, because
the right version is in ghc's own libraries.

I don't know how to solve such problem in general, except by splitting
modules into many directories playing with -i options (that's why
QForeign had to use different module names for modules it brings
which may or may not come with the compiler, except some modules not
present in nhc98 which are handled by -i options).

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak@knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/