GHC 5.02.1 on Mac OS X

Sébastien Carlier sebc@posse42.net
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:24:02 +0100

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> Sebastien Carlier [sebc@posse42.net] was at one time working on
> a MacOSX port, but I don't know how far he got.

I worked on the unregisterised (via-C) build of GHC.  My patches solved
most of the incompatibilities with Apple's version of GCC, and the
problems
with the memory layout of OS X, but was indeed incomplete (no
implementation of createAdjustor).
Recently my patches stopped working so I couldn't package a 5.02
release. (executables crash after a while, this is probably GC-related).
I am currently studying the PowerPC instruction set (I need to write a
native code generator for my own project), and I also had a look into
GHC's Stix, but I don't know when I'll be able to start (time is the
biggest problem).

--
Sebastien