GHC-3.02 (maybe OFF-time)

Rafael Martínez Torres martinez.torres@fdi.ucm.es
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:20:07 +0000

Hi all:
I'm hacking with ghc-3.02.src.tar.gz on several platforms, namely i386
and sparc ...

Both platforms run with gcc-2.7.2.3 ( higher versions may be a risk ,
2.95 was bad...)

In sparc I have no problems,  but in i386 I do obtain the next results
(File : fptools/ghc/lib/posix/PosixProcPrim.hc)

"../../../ghc/driver/ghc -i../misc -recomp -cpp -fglasgow-exts -fvia-C
-Rghc-timing -O   '-#include"cbits/libposix.h"'  -c PosixProcPrim.hc -o
PosixProcPrim.o -osuf o
PosixProcPrim.hc:2244: fixed or forbidden register was spilled.
This may be due to a compiler bug or to impossible asm
statements or clauses."

I think cc1 is reducing uncorrectly to asm code.

Reading documents on gcc, I got this... ( File: /usr/docs/gcc/PROBLEMS )
May be has nothing to do...

"3. When find_reloads is used to count number of spills needed
it does not take into account the fact that a reload may
turn out to be a dummy."

May be this is rather a question for gcc , but...

 Does any body know where to add any flag to help gcc to reduce OK ?
I tried no -O flag , -O2 ,-O1, but no sucess...

Regards...

Martinez-Torres.