ghc image size

Mike Gunter m@ryangunter.com
13 Dec 2001 20:40:05 -0800

Why is executable size a barrier?  1.64 megabytes (that's the size of
the executable I built with GHC most recently) of disk space costs less
than half a cent.  The total cost of the storage will be higher
(backup, installing the drive, etc.) but I don't think it will be
important.

Are there other reasons that size matters?

        mike