tail -f behaviour in ghc.

Alex Ferguson abf@cs.ucc.ie
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:17:13 +0100 (BST)

> Sure, EOF is checked every time you read rather than being cached after
> the first time it occurs (actually this is the case in the new I/O
> library in 5.02, I'm not sure about 5.00.2).  So it's reasonable to do a
> sleep/read loop similar to 'tail -f'.

Odd!  Not only does it not have that behaviour in ghc-4.0[48], it also
didn't seem to work when I tried coding it that way in C.  Maybe tells
you more about my C skills... ;-)

I'll wait until the stable ghc-5.02, and then try this again, just in
case this has indeed changed significantly recently, rather than it
just being me missing something obvious.

Cheers&thanks,
Alex.