Porting to powerpc-linux

David Brown haskell@davidb.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 17:04:25 -0700

I'm considering taking some effort to port GHC to powerpc linux.  The task
seems moderately doable, given that GHC once ran on the powerpc
architecture.

I guess as a good first question: should I start with 4.08.1, or should I
venture off with the CVS tree.  The driver in CVS seems to have been
written in Haskell, and it seems to be needed to build the runtime.  This
sounds like it would preclude building from .hc files.

I've got my x86 linux box ready to build some unregistered .hc files.

Dave (looking forward to debugging RTS) Brown