GHC RPMs for RedHat 7

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:58:41 -0700

> Keith Wansbrough wrote:
> >
> > > On this subject, where am I to get the libgmp2.a required
> by 4.08.1
> > > (on Linux anyway).  I tried compiling the very latest
> version of GMP
> > > but it only produced a libgmp.a file.  Is that the same?
> >
> > Same happened to me.   ln -s libgmp.a libgmp2.a  worked for
> me.  I satisfied myself I was doing the right thing by
> noticing all the 2.x.x version numbers on the libgmp source
> I'd compiled.
> Yes, that's what I did.  Probably everyone has . . .

Sorry about that, my fault.  I built the binary distribution from a build
linked against libgmp2.a on our box here, and it isn't reasonable to expect
everyone to have that library with the same name.

In the future the binary distributions will come with a static libgmp, but
the RPMs will still have a dependency on the right external gmp package.