C main

Sigbjorn Finne sof@microsoft.com
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:35:34 -0700

Brett Letner <bletner@revbiz.com> writes:

> So if I understand this correctly, I'm doing it wrong, but that's o.k.
> because even if I wasn't it still wouldn't work :)
>
> This brings up a larger question, should I even be trying to do this?

Yes, linking in Haskell code in the way you tried is the most convenient
way of going about embedding Haskell code into C/C++ apps (well, at
least that's the intention ;-)

You can package up Haskell code in a DLL and call it that way, but that
requires extra steps. I posted some instructions on how to build
ghc-compiled DLLs on this mailing list a couple of weeks ago; you may
find them useful here.

If you're really desperate, what you tried to do works with ghc-4.05. It
depends on using another version of cygwin (gcc, really) than 4.08, so I
wouldn't recommend doing this if you haven't already got it installed.

hth
--sigbjorn