Problems with libgmp

Rahul Bhargava hul@progsoc.uts.edu.au
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 14:05:13 +1100 (EST)

> > So, I can't quite work out what went wrong in your case.  If the build
> > didn't detect GMP 2, then it should have just used the one in the tree.
>
> Obviously, when linking, it did not use the one in the tree :-(
> Conclusion: The Linux linker does not behave like other linkers or
> there is a bug in some Makefile.

Of late I have had problems with libgmp2 and woody-debian. I solved the
problem the first time around by adding a sym link /usr/lib/libgmp2.so ->
/usr/lib/libgmp.so.2.0.2

Yesterday I solved the problem by installing libgmp2-dev because ld was
looking for libgmp.a for some reason when trying to compile hdirect.

Hacks at best. Haven't really looked for whys and wherefores.

Rahul