Having to use -static flag under Win32 with 4.08 & Cygwin 1.1.6

Reuben Thomas rrt1001@cam.ac.uk
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:00:28 +0000 (GMT)

> From: Jeremy Shute [mailto:shutej@rpi.edu]

> I've been perusing the documentation looking for what I've done wrong...

Nothing; the docs aren't quite up-to-date.

> 7.  Confirmed that these files exist nowhere on the partition.  Messed
> around some more to no avail, came across static flag and tried that:

We don't supply the DLLs any more, because they subtly and rarely don't work
for reasons I don't fully understand (though I've spent a long time trying
to). If you really want them (why?) you'll have to build them.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | maximiste, n.  pessimiste