[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #641: Wildcard binders in type declarations

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Wed Mar 27 16:28:13 UTC 2024

I don’t have a strong opinion as I don’t do a whole lot of TLP, but consistency and uniformity are generally good, as long as we aren’t disruptive. Simon identifies some implementation complexity but I am not sure that implementation effort is so fungible as people tend to do the things they want to do anyway so we might as we’ll approve the proposal while being clear that it is not a priority — at least until some compelling use cases are brought to our attention.

I am marginally in favour but could be talked out of it if I have misjudged the externalities of approval.

Chris