[ghc-steering-committee] Welcome Malte and Matthías, and other membership changes

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Wed Mar 6 07:53:22 UTC 2024

Dear all,

Following the recent nomination round, the committee is delighted to
welcome Malte Ott and Matthías Páll Gissurarson as new members. Thank
you both for your willingness to volunteer. I will add your details to
the GitHub repo, and you are encouraged to contribute to the discussion
of any of the proposals under committee review.

Richard Eisenberg, Joachim Breitner and Vladislav Zavialov are reaching
the end of their terms, and have decided to step down. On behalf of the
Haskell community, we are very grateful for your dedicated service over
the years, which has been instrumental in helping GHC flourish.

Given that this results in a net reduction in size of the committee, we
have decided to open a second round of nominations where we will
consider appointing up to 3 more members. I will post an update to the
announcement on Discourse [1], and I strongly encourage all members of
the committee to consider whom they could personally invite to join us.

Best wishes,

Adam

[1]
https://discourse.haskell.org/t/ghc-steering-committee-call-for-nominations-2024/8666

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England