[ghc-steering-committee] Chris Dornan

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:04:51 UTC 2024

Dear GHC steering committee

I am deeply saddened to have to tell you that our colleague Chris Dornan, a
fellow member of the GHC Steering Committee, has died.

This comes as a huge shock. I was meeting Chris on calls until very
recently. I have known Chris for at least two decades.   He is a good
friend, and a long-term, level-headed, thoughtful contributor to the
Haskell community.

All I know is in Andres Loh's email below.  We may learn more in due course
but meanwhile I thought I should let you know.

Simon