[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal #608, -XPatternSignatureBinds. Rec: accept

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 13:07:18 UTC 2024

Hmm, deciding that the stability principles don't apply to pre-existing
deprecations would not be in the right spirit, if you ask me. I think we
should apply the rules consistently to every proposal going forward, being
already deprecated doesn't get you a pass. In this case we really don't
have to break existing code, so let's not do it.

It's not that hard to make a new extension or to change the behaviour in
GHC2024 is it?

Cheers
Simon