[ghc-steering-committee] Shepherding

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:36:38 UTC 2024

Dear shepherds

We still have eight GHC proposals in our inbox, some dating back quite a
long way.  I know that progress is being made on some (thank you), but
others seem to have stalled.

Please could you make time to push our debate forward?  It need not take
long.  But if the shepherd does not push onward, no one else does, and we
really owe our authors a timely response.

I would much prefer not to have to nag you.  I feel bad doing so; but I
also feel bad not doing so.

Thanks!

Spreadsheet here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e6GdwHmAjeDEUhTvP-b18MDkpTfH3SMHhFu5F3nDIWc/edit?usp=sharing>.
Do keep it up to date.

Simon

#434 Unused warnings Chris 2 Jul 2023
#608 -XPatternSignatures without implicit binds Richard 17 Aug 2023
#612 -fhpc tix file changes Moritz 27 Sep 2023
#606 Amendment to #281: atype not ktype Richard 29 Nov 2023
#617 Add -experimental flag Simon M 25 Jan 2024
#631 Type of main fixes return code Arnaud 27 Jan 2024
#592 Scoped kind variables in SAKS Eric 8 Feb 2024
#632 Phased introduction of GHC2024 Adam 15 Feb 2024