[ghc-steering-committee] Warnings

Eric Seidel eric at seidel.io
Mon Sep 25 11:48:52 UTC 2023

I agree with Moritz that a GHC Proposal is not necessary. Proposals should be used for changes in *intended* user-facing behavior, this is just a routine bugfix.

I also agree that a warning/deprecation period would be good, but I wouldn't spend overly on it. This sounds like a very easy issue to work around, just enable the extension explicitly. (Or would that have potential second-order consequences?)