[ghc-steering-committee] #571: -Wsevere, Shepherd: Adam (rec: accept)

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Tue Sep 19 13:35:14 UTC 2023

Like Simon M I habitually develop with -Wall -Werror, and like Moritz I think we really need to be very careful about deliberately breaking packages.

For sure, if we were starting anew I would be be sympathetic to treating them as errors, but, for me, that isn't a good enough reason to make this breaking change.

For this reason I vote against this proposal.

Chris