[ghc-steering-committee] GHC steering committee status

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:12:24 UTC 2023

> One disadvantage of the spreadsheet is that it's not as transparent as the
> other mechanisms we use for this committee (email and github). It should
> probably be visible to all and linked from the docs on github?

I wasn't really suggesting that a committee member can say absolutely
nothing, and simply update the spreadsheet with their vote; rather, they
should say (as now, by email) "I support" or "I am lukewarm but will not
stand in the way" or "I don't like this" -- or (new) "I recuse myself".
But in addition take 30s to record that result in the spreadsheet.

In short, zero impact on transparency.  All I'm after is a way to see the
status quo on one page, rather than by composing a zillion deltas.

Simon