[ghc-steering-committee] #571: -Wsevere, Shepherd: Adam (rec: accept)

Adam Gundry adam at well-typed.com
Wed Oct 11 20:13:59 UTC 2023

On 09/10/2023 16:57, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Should we send this back for revision? It seems there is plenty of
> discussion going on here and on github. (Is there an equivalent of
> Wadler’s law about “compiler flags” instead of “whitespace”?)

Yes, I think we are clearly not going to reach consensus on this
proposal as it stands. There are several potential compromise positions
being discussed, but it seems like we need a revised or alternative
proposal, so I'm returning this for revision.

Cheers,

Adam

--
Adam Gundry, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, https://www.well-typed.com/

Registered in England & Wales, OC335890
27 Old Gloucester Street, London WC1N 3AX, England