[ghc-steering-committee] Language Extension Policy – Round 3

Arnaud Spiwack arnaud.spiwack at tweag.io
Mon Jul 31 08:41:34 UTC 2023

I think we've gathered as much data as we can here. Eventually, we'll
probably want to use this thread to come up with a GHC proposal along the
lines of what Joachim came up with (extensions only apply to certain
languages), as it seems like it may be very desirable and there's a clear
consensus that retiring extensions altogether is undesirable.

I'm not sure yet what our next round of discussion will be about. I'll be
on holiday next week and the week after, so I'd like to start something
before then (but I'm making no promises: I need to collect my thoughts).