[ghc-steering-committee] Call for votes: Shall we have GHC2023

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Sun Jan 22 13:11:22 UTC 2023

I agree that we should release GHC2023 for all the reason Joachim says. Each GHCXXXX release is just our declaration of the extensions that we think should be enabled by default. It is going to change as we larn more about the extensions, let's clean as we go and make an annual statement of our recommended Haskell brew. If we are not prepared to spend a bit of time thinking about whether we recommend extensions we have already defined then that, to me, suggests something is off.

What do you say Joachim to publishing schedule for proposing additions (and deletions) and then voting on them. I was think we could take the year but having a 9.8-friendly schedule makes sense.

Anyway my vote is for yes to GHC2023.

Chris