[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2023

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:55:00 UTC 2023

I was just perusing the doc and after a flurry of activity it seems to be
stalled in various places. I doubt we'll make more progress without someone
actively driving it to a conclusion - several of the threads just end up in
minor differences of opinion and nobody feels enough ownership to resolve
them with edits directly. Meanwhile, the comments on the doc are getting a
bit unwieldy to work with.

Still, I think it has been super useful so far - in particular the idea of
using the warning system instead of turning off extensions is a really nice
simplification.

I personally have sporadic time to work on this but probably not enough to
satisfactorily drive it. Richard, I'd be very happy if you wanted to take
this on; alternatively we can continue via email as best we can.

I think we should next
1. Resolve the categorisation (Richard's in section 2 vs. mine in 2.2)
2. Resolve the strategy (Simon's sec 3 vs. Joachim's sec 4)

Cheers
Simon