[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2023

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 10:06:29 UTC 2023

> So let’s bring this to a vote – if the camp that prefers even rarer
> releases is in the majority, the vote will show that.

Well, it will if that's what we vote on, but you are suggesting

  For each of the following extension, should it become part of
>   GHC2023? Please annotate with “strong yes”, “weak yes” or “no”.

I rather think we should *first *decide on GHC20xx cadence.  Our advertised
cadence is advertised as annual, but my instinct is that's too frequent.
I'd just every 3 yrs, which appears to match Rust.

Can we vote on that first?

Simon