[ghc-steering-committee] #515 Relaxing HasField constraints, reassigned to Moritz

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Feb 9 21:24:53 UTC 2023

Hi committee,

with Tom stepping down, we have to re-assign this proposal:

#515 Relaxing HasField constraints
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/515
https://github.com/ocharles/ghc-proposals/blob/hasfield/proposals/0000-hasfield-incoherence.rst

It was submitted in August 2022, and Tom recommended acceptance.
Richard raised technical issues with it.

I’d like to assign it to Adam, but he’s a co-author…

So in best tradition of our committee, I’ll assign this to Moritz.

Moritz, can you help drive the discussion, here and/or on Github?
Maybe the proposal needs to be revised, based on Richard’s objections?
Then you can label it as “needs-revision” until the authors come back
to you.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de