[ghc-steering-committee] Call for votes: Shall we have GHC2023

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Sun Feb 5 16:22:56 UTC 2023

Hi,

Am Sonntag, dem 22.01.2023 um 13:40 +0100 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Instead, please cast your vote until Apri 5 (but preferrably earlier)
> on the question:
>
>   Should we proceed towards GHC2023?

So far we have

* Chris, Adam and me in favor
* Vlad, Arnaud and Simon PJ against

and silence from the rest. And I just noticed that I wrote “April 5”
when I meant “February 5” (for the usual 2 week period). Ups, sorry.

So in theory maybe the others were planning to respond later?

Anyways, given that there is neither consensus (so it’s not clear what
to do), nor much discussion (so it’s not clear that many care), in the
interest of getting things done, I’ll just declare this as rejected –
it’s not a bike-shedding-like issue where close votes are a good way to
make a call, but it’s rather something that, if it happens, should have
broad support in the committee anyways.

(If this was premature and overreachy and suddenly a strong majority in
favor emerges we can still change our collective mind.)

  mail at joachim-breitner.de