[ghc-steering-committee] GHC2024 committee deliberation

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Dec 4 15:30:22 UTC 2023

Hi,

Am Montag, dem 04.12.2023 um 15:57 +0100 schrieb Arnaud Spiwack:
> On this topic, I really like NamedFieldPuns, what do we think about
> it? I sometimes feel I'm the only person in the world using them
> (borrowing from Ocaml where they're pretty common). But, on the other
> hand, I really like them.

same here. My impression is that they have become common place in a few
languages now, and there is no reason not to have them in Haskell as
well.

THB, if this was a pubquiz I’d have lost a point by guessing that it’s
already part of GHC2021.

Ah, no, I do win the points: They are in GHC2021 according to
https://downloads.haskell.org/ghc/latest/docs/users_guide/exts/control.html#extension-GHC2021

  mail at joachim-breitner.de