[ghc-steering-committee] #475: New tuple and list syntax, rec: accept

Vladislav Zavialov (int-index) vlad.z.4096 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 20:22:07 UTC 2022

Dear Committee,

it’s time to round up our discussion of #475.

My impression of the discussion is as follows:
• Arnaud is skeptical but does not veto.
• Tom is in generally favor.
• Simon, Richard, and Joachim are in favor and prefer Tuple (A, B, C) over Tuple [A, B, C]
• Vitaly and I are in favor and prefer Tuple [A, B, C] over Tuple (A, B, C)
• Everyone agrees to drop TupleN.

Thus, the proposal requires the following modifications:
1. Move TupleN, CTupleN, TupleN#, and SumN# to Alternatives.
2. Move Tuple [A, B, C] to Alternatives, and move Tuple (A, B, C) from Alternatives to Proposed Change Specification.

Then we can accept.

Richard, could you do the necessary edits please?

- Vlad