[ghc-steering-committee] #477: Unicode ellipsis, recommendation: reject?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Mar 1 15:21:33 UTC 2022

Hi,

TIL! That’s indeed interesting research, and refutes my assumption that
.. was an ASCII-approximation of an ellipsis (aka \ldots in latex).

I thought for a moment that surely my typographic intuition is better
than Knuth’s, but … no, I didn’t.

I’ll bring this before the author and will see if he wants to pursue
the proposal anyways, retract it, or (maybe) suggest to use ‥ (U+2025
TWO DOT LEADER) instead. Although I would probably not suppor the
latter, given that I find essentially no prior art of using that.

Thanks for changing my mind,
Joachim

Am Dienstag, dem 01.03.2022 um 18:09 +0300 schrieb Vladislav Zavialov
(int-index):