[ghc-steering-committee] GHC Steering Committee Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Jun 13 13:18:03 UTC 2022

Dear Committee,

it’s about time for my ~monthly~ ~quarterly~ bimonthly status update

So what has happened since the last one?

 * I proposed that we proposals upon submission ought to have some indication
   that there is someone willing and able to implement it, please join
   the discussion on https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/517

 * we were asked to review these proposals:

   #500: Add implicit import proposal, Shepherd: Baldur
   #473: First-class existential types, Shepherd: Simon PJ
   #496: Nothing {}, Shepherd: Eric

 * we have a recommendation from the shepherd about:

   #496: Nothing {}, rec: accept

 * we have sent the following proposals back to revision

   none, it seems

 * we decided about the following proposals

   #451: Sized literals proposal (accept)

We currently have to act on the following 6 proposals, up 2 since last update:

## Waiting for committee decision

#454: Custom type warnings, Shepherd: Tom
      2022-01-13: Recommendation to accept
      2022-06-01: Arnaud says objections are minor.
      Tom, do you think we have consensus here?

#448: Modern Scoped Type Variables, Shepherd: Arnaud
      2022-03-29: Arnaud makes a non-comprehensive recommendation
      2022-06-07: Ongoing discussion

#496: Nothing {}, Shepherd: Eric
      2022-06-12: Eric suggests acceptance

## Waiting for Shepherd action

#270: Support pun-free code, Shepherd: Chris
      2022-01-01: Assigned to Chris
      Chris, kindly please leap into action!

#500: Add implicit import proposal, Shepherd: Baldur
      2022-05-05: Assignd to Baldur

#473: First-class existential types, Shepherd: Simon PJ
      2022-05-16: Assigned to Simon

  mail at joachim-breitner.de