[ghc-steering-committee] #477: Unicode ellipsis, recommendation: accept

Vladislav Zavialov (int-index) vlad.z.4096 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 19:37:24 UTC 2022

-1 from me.

The proposed (… U+2026) is three dots, so it could be the UnicodeSyntax equivalent to three ASCII dots. However, Haskell’s range notation is two ASCII dots.

Personally I use three dots to indicate omissions in the source text, like this:

  f x = …

So that is the meaning I’d like to reserve for three dots, not ranges.

The proposal could use ‥ U+2025 instead.

- Vlad