[ghc-steering-committee] Modifiers (Was: #512: NoFieldSelectors as datatype annotation)

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:04:36 UTC 2022

Hmm.

   - We have an accepted proposal for modifiers.
   - As of today we have a willing implementer, Georgi:
   https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/22624

And yet some doubt is being expressed in this thread about whether the
accepted proposal is the one we really want.

@rae Georgi says you are going to mentor him.  Do you feel able to help us
converge on a design we are all content with; quite possibly just
reaffirming the current accepted proposal?

Simon