[ghc-steering-committee] Please review #517: Require implementors before proposal submission, Shepherd: Simon PJ

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Aug 24 10:37:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, dem 24.08.2022 um 11:49 +0300 schrieb Vladislav Zavialov
(int-index):
> I am uncertain. Do we have any case studies? What are examples of
> proposals that were submitted without an implementor?

The list at
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pulls?page=2&q=is%3Apr+label%3A%22Accepted%22+-label%3A%22Implemented%22
lists PRs marked as accepted but not implemented. It is an
overapproximation, because we only add the implemented label if someone
tells us to. So it is hard to tell, but looking at the list (especially
the second page with the older proposals), for a few of them I can’t
remember seeing a MR on GHC. But of course that’s just an impression.

Do you see value in deliberating over proposals without an indication
that someone actually plans to try to implement them?

  mail at joachim-breitner.de